[dev] OTRS at NASA

Jason Dixon jason at nccs.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 13 10:18:39 CET 2005

Hi folks:

I'm new to the list, but I'm pretty familiar with the OTRS codebase.  We
have implemented OTRS at one of the NASA organizations in a support role,
supplanting Remedy AR.

We have made a large number of changes and additions to OTRS to support
our specific needs and requirements.  Much of this functionality centers
around users, alerts, and assets (systems).  We are currently meeting with
the NASA attorneys to discuss our OSS policies, but I expect that we will
be able to present much of the work we have done as a large unified diff
against the 1.3.2 tree.  I'm not sure if it will be of any interest, but I
just wanted to give advanced notice and see if there are any takers.

We would like to keep an open channel of communication with the OTRS
development team, so if anyone would like more details on what we have
done to advance OTRS in our particular installation, please don't hesitate
to contact me on- or off-list.

Regards,

--
Jason Dixon                             301.286.8635 voice
NASA / Goddard Space Flight Center      jason at nccs.nasa.gov
AMTI, Inc.                              Building 28, Room S212
Code 931