[itsm] Where is the link to a configuration item (CI) in a ticket?

longwave at terra.es longwave at terra.es
Wed Apr 2 09:41:14 GMT 2008

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your document, which clarifies how to do link a CI to a
Ticket.

What I liked to know is whether it is possible to link to a CI when
initiating a new ticket. The conversation of a helpdesk person with a
user will be one like this:

Client: I have Problem with my computer
Helpdesk: What is your computer id?
Client: It is 123abc
Helpdesk: fine. what is happening to your computer?
Client: When I push the on off button nothing happens, the screen
stays black.
Helpdesk: OK, I recorded the data. We'll have a look at it.

Is the recording of the CI number be possible from the start of the
ticket? Maybe I am overseeing something, I am new to OTRS.

Regards, Enrique.