[itsm] Some questions related to OTRS use

Shawn Beasley shawn.beasley at otrs.com
Tue Mar 4 16:59:20 GMT 2008

Hi Abhay,

> Hi,
>
> I stared using the OTRS recently.
>
> I have following questions which could be the basic ones but really
> interested to get the answers.
>

>    1. How to change the default owner when creating a new ticket
>       through customer panel. Currently I can select the queue but the
>       owner always shows the “root at localhost>
The default owner will always be the user with user_id 1. It is not
possible to change the default user that is assigned to the tickets
created per mail or web interface.

>   1.
>

>    2. I am not understanding the concept of SERVICE & SLA from *Admin
>       **à** System *I have assigned the new service to a customer &
>       also created one SLA & linked with one of service but further
>       more how to use with the customer tickets.

Can you explain your question a little better here.

Thanks

--
Shawn Beasley
((otrs)) :: OTRS AG :: Norsk-Data-Straße 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg

Geschäftssitz: Bad Homburg
Amtsgericht Bad Homburg, HRB 10751
Steuernummer: 003/240/97521

Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Burchard Steinbild
Vorstandsvorsitzender: André Mindermann