[itsm] Some questions related to OTRS use

Mike Blamires Mike.Blamires at kcom.com
Thu Mar 6 11:21:51 GMT 2008

Hi All,
	I think I am having similar issues to Abhay with OTRS as the documentation itself doesn't really explain the relationships  between the elements that clearly, I presume that this is because it slots in with the ITIL framework which would clarify this (unfortunately I don't yet have the full benefit of this!).

Currently our SLAs with clients are broadly along the lines of "we will fix 90% of all p3 related incidents in 4 working hours" and I know partners etc of ours who implement ITIL have the same sort of system. I can see /why/ SLAs would link to services but do not see /how/ they link back to the priority the job was logged with. When a job is logged through the customer interface by the customer and they select the service/priority the SLA should then be derived from that, further selecting the SLA just seems well... odd.

I hope the above explains it more than confuses it. Let me know.

Thanks,
Mike