[itsm] searching for Services associated with change records

Nils Leideck nils.leideck at leidex.net
Wed Mar 2 08:49:04 GMT 2011

Dear James,

On 01.03.2011, at 22:16, James Burk wrote:

> Hello all.  I am testing the ITSM Change Management module.  In the default settings for AgentITSMChangeSearch::ShowColumns the attribute Services is listed and enabled.  However, other than the linking mechanism, I cannot find how to attach a Service to the Change.  And even when I link a Service to a Change, the Service does not show up in the search results.  Any help on this?

by default, a Change cannot be linked to a Service in OTRS. The idea is that Changes are not linked directly, but indirectly by having a Service <-> Workorder link. So if you enable the Service column in the SysConfig and link a Service to a Workorder, you will see the affected/required Service(s) in the Change Overview or wherever you enable the column.

Btw. In the Change Zoom, ALL Services to ALL included WorkOrders are displayed, while the WorkOrder Zoom only displays the WorkOrder relevant Services.

This actually has the same effect for the Customer Portal. Customers as we see them, need to know which of their Services is affected/required by any planned Change, regardless which step (WorkOrder) of the Change does this.

Cheers, Nils

—
Nils Leideck
http://webint.cryptonode.de / a Fractal project