[itsm] How to create relations between CMDB Classes

Anil Singh Bafila anilbafiladev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 10:21:19 GMT 2014

Hi

   I want to use simulate a  situation, where I have a setup of different
computers and server at different locations and different vendors providing
AMC ( annual maintenance contract) with different SLA. So I need to have
the relation (maping between all) between the data entered in one cI class
Item with other . eg- if I create a new item of computer type in CMDB I
want that the vendors list should be displayed in dropdown menu for
selection ,  similarly the locations also .When I display the computer
details the detailed information about the Computer +its vendor details and
sla to that device will be also displayed .

I had already gone through the administrative manual and  ITSM Manual, I
searched on OTRS form and other website .I was unable to find the right
direction to solve this problem .

Any resource or idea how to accomplish this task will be very helpful.

Please Give some ideas to accomplish this  task.

Thanks