[itsm] problem while importing config items

Alvaro Cordero alvaro at gridshield.net
Wed Jan 18 14:33:57 UTC 2017

Hello Niccolo, what type are you using for yout maintenance field (I assume
you are not using "Dummy"). How many levels do you have in your Sub =>
section? There can only be one Sub Level.

Other wise, at first sight your definition looks fine,

Have you tried uploading just one of those fields? What does your system
log says, some times even if your import succeds you can see logs related
to the import in the OTRS Log.

Regards

> Hello folks,
>

> i am running OTRS 5.0.12 with ITSM package for this version and just ran
> into a problem while importing data into my CMDB: to put it simple, the
> system creates the CIs in accordance to my CSV files but it does not fully
> populate all their fields in accordance with the data i put in the CSVs.
>
> For example, if i have a custom class with 100 attributes and i try to
> import 10 items of that class (with all the 100 fields compiled), i see 100
> new CIs but with only 10-15 fields populated.
>

> My custom classes are for Servers, Firewalls and Switches. From the tests
> i performed so far, i noticed the following:
>

> - A CI is created for each row of a CSV file (as expected);
>
> - There are no "required" fields in the classes, so no errors received;
>
> - "Empty fields indicate that the current values are kept" is selected in
> Import/Export;
>
> - If i create a new CI manually i can fill out all its fields and save it
> without issues;
>
> - Fields are always populated until a certain point (see below). Each item
> is created correctly and the first fields which are nearly the same for
> each class and contain general information about the asset are filled:
> SerialNo, InventoryID, Manufacturer, Model, Owner, HostName, RackUnits,
> Notes and the like.
>
> Then it comes the Maintenance section in which i defined when the asset's
> warranty will expire and other info, as shown below. This section too is
> the same for every class i created, the only difference being in the keys
> names (FirewallVendor will be ServerVendor or SwitchVendor)
>
> From this point onwards, the system simply "ignores" the values present in
> the CSV file and creates the asset with the remaining fields blanked out.
>
> After the Maintenance section there are several others for each class but
> the values are always ignored.
>

> ################################## Firewall Maintenance
> ########################################
>       {
>         Key => 'FirewallMaintenance',
>         Name => 'Maintenance',
>         Input => {
>                   Type => 'Dummy',
>                  },
>             Sub => [
>                       {
>                           Key => 'WarrantyExpirationDateFirewall',
>                           Name => 'Expiration',
>                           Searchable => 1,
>                           Input => {
>                                     Type => 'Date',
>                                     YearPeriodPast => 20,
>                                     YearPeriodFuture => 10,
>                                   },
>                       },
>                       {
>                           Key => 'RenewYesNo',
>                           Name => 'Renew',
>                           Input => {
>                                     Type => 'GeneralCatalog',
>                                     Class => 'ITSM::ConfigItem::YesNo',
>                                     Translation => 1,
>                                     },
>                       },
> [...]

*Alvaro Cordero RetanaConsultor de Tecnologias*
*Tel: 22585757 ext 123*
*Email:* alvaro at gridshield.net