[otrs] Multiple Customer IDs in OTRS 1.3

Martin Edenhofer me at otrs.de
Mon Aug 30 21:40:16 CEST 2004

Hi Robert,

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 06:37:16PM +0200, Robert Kehl wrote:
> > I added documentation now:
> >
> > http://doc.otrs.org/cvs/en/html/customer-user-backend.html
> >
> >  -=> Database (default) -> MultiCustomerIDs
>
> I didn't test it so far, but have a question before I do:
>
> One needs to add/access (an)other LDAP field(s) for MultiCustomerIDs.
> Does this mean it isn't possible to use Multiple CustomerIDs with the
> built-in DB?

If you use the Kernel::System::CustomerUser::LDAP, then you have to use
the LDAP field(s) for the MultiCustomerIDs. If you use
Kernel::System::CustomerUser::DB, then you have to use the database.

> If we rely on LDAP for multiple CustomerIDs, why not try to use LDAP
> features, esp. assigning multiple values to one attribute? That way, you
> could have multiple values for 'o' (organization), resulting in multiple
> CustomerIDs.

Yes. This could be one way. There is "one" function in
Kernel::System::CustomerUser::* to get the customers multi ids.

CustomerIDs(). So if you have a complex structure to get the
customer ids of an customer, just copy Kernel::System::CustomerUser::LDAP
to Kernel::System::CustomerUser::YouOwnModule and replace CustomerIDs()
to get the customer ids like you want (e. g. from different BaseDNs with
a special tree and so on...).

CustomerIDs() just needs to return a array with all customer ids.

That's all.

> Robert Kehl

  Martin Edenhofer

--
((otrs.de)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Str. 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
        http://www.otrs.de/ :: Manage your communication!