[otrs] Deleting Language Options

Robert Kehl robert.kehl at otrs.de
Sun Jun 6 10:51:48 CEST 2004

On Sunday, June 06, 2004 9:08 AM
Jesse <marshall28 at juno.com> wrote:
> Robert Kehl wrote:
>> On Sunday, June 06, 2004 8:34 AM
>> Jesse <marshall28 at juno.com> wrote:
>>> How do I delete languages in the FAQ section? I only want the
>>> english one?
>> You cannot delete them. Set them to "invalid". Before you ask: you
>> cannot delete users and queues, too. ;)
> I don't see where to set the languages to invalid. is this in the FAQ
> area? thanks for all your help ;)

Ouch. Blame... well, the sunday at last. ;) You cannot set an FAQ
language to invalid. Sorry.

Here's how it goes:

Create your own theme to be safe from overwriting during upgrades. See
the docs for help with it.

Execute this:
# cd /opt/otrs/Kernel/Output/HTML/MyTheme
# fgrep -r "LanguageOption" .
./CustomerFAQSearch.dtl:      <td valign="top"
class="table1">$Data{"LanguageOption"}</td>
./FAQArticleForm.dtl:      <td class="table1"> $Data{"LanguageOption"}
./FAQLanguageForm.dtl:    $Data{"LanguageOption"}
./FAQSearch.dtl:      <td valign="top"
class="table1">$Data{"LanguageOption"}</td>

Edit all files despite FAQLanguageForm.dtl and exchange each occurence
of
  $Data{"LanguageOption"}
with
  <input type="hidden" name="LanguageIDs" value="1">
You may have to edit the surrounding HTML to reflect the fact that the
Language Search Box is now eliminated.

At last, edit FAQNavigationBar.dtl and delete or -even better- simply
comment this:
      $Data{"FAQLanguageLink"}

hth,

Robert Kehl

--
((otrs.de)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Str. 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
         http://www.otrs.de/ :: Tel. +49 (0)6172 4832388