[otrs] Re: Re: Segmentation fault (Apache 1.3 & 2) when trying to loginto OTRS

Jamie L. Penman-Smithson devnull at silverdream.org
Sun Jun 13 19:42:42 CEST 2004

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 10:26:24 +0200, Robert Kehl scribbled down:

> On Friday, June 11, 2004 11:59 PM
> Jamie L. Penman-Smithson <devnull at silverdream.org> wrote:
>> I've removed apache 1.3 and the old mod_perl, to no effect.
>
> What's your version of DBI? Try to use at least version 1.31, because of a
> known inconsistency with version <1.31 when using mod_perl.

I'm running version 1.42.

> Also, your Apache is running in prefork mode. Although this is the most
> safest mode, it might not be the most efficient. It may well have
> something to do with your Apache dumping. Try to play with the other
> possible modes.
>
> Does it work _without_ modperl?

Apache works fine without modperl, and even with modperl installed viewing
pages which don't use perl is not a problem.

I've set CoreDumpDirectory in apache but I don't think apache is at
fault. There are however, several files owned by the apache user in /tmp,
they're all zero size and seem to pop-up randomly.. Although I have a
feeling they're probably not related to the problem.

-rw-------   1 www    wheel      0 Jun 13 18:37 apr65tu6A
-rw-------   1 www    wheel      0 Jun 12 01:10 aprGV78B0
-rw-------   1 www    wheel      0 Jun 13 18:37 aprg5PgdF
-rw-------   1 www    wheel      0 Jun 12 01:10 aprkv6Zm9

[Sun Jun 13 18:39:59 2004] [notice] child pid 88216 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Child pid suggests that it's not apache, but perl or otrs instead?

-jamie <jamie at silverdream.org> | spamtrap: spam at silverdream.org
 w: http://www.silverdream.org | p: sms at silverdream.org
 pgp key @ http://silverdream.org/~jps/pub.key
 17:30:01 up 3 days,  7:31, 13 users,  load average: 0.61, 0.57, 0.55