[otrs] Virtualhosts in otrs

Stefansen Espen espen.stefansen at imr.no
Tue Jun 29 12:26:08 CEST 2004

Hi
I'm trying to set up OTRS using 3 virtual hosts:
- helpdesk.aaa.aa -> for customers
- support.aaa.aa -> for agents
- faq.aaa.aa -> for the faq
This way it will be easier for normal people to access it.

I've changed nothing when it comes to where OTRS installs the files, so
all the.pl-files are still in the same directory. So far i've managed to
only access the pages using a direct link: helpdesk.aaa.aa/customer.pl
or support.aaa.aa/index.pl. If i try just helpdesk.aaa.aa or
support.aaa.aa it gives me "You don't have permission to access / on
this server."

Here's my virtualhosts config from httpd.conf:
<VirtualHost 1.1.1.1>
	ScriptAlias / "/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/"
	Alias /otrs-web/ "/opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/"
	ServerName helpdesk.aaa.aa
	DirectoryIndex customer.pl
	DocumentRoot "/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin"
	<location helpdesk.aaa.aa>