[otrs] otrs for project mamagement?

Ted Kaczmarek tedkaz at optonline.net
Fri Oct 8 11:22:45 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 16:15 +0200, Alessandro Ranellucci wrote:
> On 8-10-2004 at 9:38, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
>
>  >Anyone using otrs for project management?
>
> I'd like to use it for project management and internal task manager, but
> I think it shouldn't be so much email-based. I often need to open
> tickets with a simple note (no external e-mail, no phone call) and
> without inserting an e-mail address.
>
> For example, when I need to ask something to our billing dept. I'd like
> to open a ticket and then move it to the billing queue. Once they've
> worked on it I get the ticket reassigned to me.
>
> E-mail is good for external communication, but pretty useless for
> internal purposes as it's just a duplicate of the ticket system from our
> point of view.
>
>   - Alessandro

Valid points, but to me email is a very efficient highly reliable and
self documenting medium. Just wish most people thought that way.
Also prevents communication problems as well.

I get the feeling that most people have a mentality of where they need
to horde what they do, so they can feel valuable or get some kind of
false sense of job security, a very sad aspect of human nature.

Ted