[otrs] PostMaster Filtering

Owen Stenseth owen at pdaverticals.com
Tue Sep 20 11:18:43 CEST 2005

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 11:51:20AM +0200, Danie Theron wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Can one setup a filtering rule to assign "spam" messages into a spam
> queue as well as set the Ignore flag on. Basically we want to put all
> spam related messages (lets's say with subject "free etc etc")into a
> spam queue and not recieve any notification on it.

We just went through this ourselves, setting the ignore flag tells the postmaster to not process the message at all (so it never gets in to OTRS). In our case we move the spam messages to an external cyrus folder using a PreFilter that we check for false positives from time to time so that is the behaviour that we used.

> I presume the easiest way is to not assign any group/user to that
> spesific queue?

You would have to have at least one user assigned to the queue to view it for false positives a spam user perhaps. I guess it really depends on how much spam you get, but we took the stance that we don't really want the spam on OTRS at all.

--
Owen