AW: [otrs] System / SysConfig error message

Oliver Buckie buckie at
Tue Feb 21 15:57:29 CET 2006

Silly question, but how do I know what my OTRS home dir is. This is a default Debian install. I believe it to be /usr/share/otrs 'coz that's where my Kernel and other sub-dirs are.

I ran "./ /opt/otrs root www-data" and this has sorted my System, SysConfig problem out - I now have access. However, I still get permission problems with Misc, Package Manager...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: otrs-bounces at [mailto:otrs-bounces at] Im Auftrag von Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet)
Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. Februar 2006 15:21
An: User questions and discussions about
Betreff: Re: AW: [otrs] System / SysConfig error message

Oliver Buckie wrote:

> I ran $OTRS_Home/bin/otrs.checkModules and XML::Parser was not
> installed - everything else fine. So I installed "libxml-parser- perl
> 2.34-4", re-ran otrs.checkModules and all OK.

That should help, yes.

> I get one step further now in System, SysConfig page.. However, as
> with Misc, Package Manager - I get permisison problems:
> Can't write /usr/share/otrs/Kernel/Config/Files/
> permission denied!
> In the "/usr/share/otrs/bin#" directory I ran "./
> /usr/share/otrs root root" - but this has not helped. Any ideas what I
> am doing wrong?

I don't know if /usr/share/otrs is your OTRS homedir, but that could be. However, otrs and apache should not be run as root and I hope you aren't running either as root (especially not apache, running apache as root is a major security no-no).

On my machine I'd run: ./ /opt/otrs otrs apache

But like I said, your config may be different.

Nils Breunese.
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage:
To unsubscribe: