[otrs] Problem in otrs.conf

Mike Pietersen mikep at allstatefastener.com
Thu Jul 6 12:15:50 CEST 2006

Joe,

I'm not really sure what you're getting at but here are a few
suggestions.

1. Make sure SELinux is disabled. If this is not disabled, it will give
you a 500 error on your server when trying access the installer.pl file.
You can do this temporarily by executing:

setenforce 0

Off the top of my head, I can't remember how to permanently disable it,
but I think it's somewhere in the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf/ labeled as
SELINUX

2. Out of the box, OTRS is not configured to work with Apache2, because
the RPM's have been compiled with with old apache info. The latest RPM
was compiled for FC3, which was prior to Apache2's release (to my
knowledge)
You will have to make 3 changes to the otrs.conf file in order for it to
start httpd properly.

In your otrs.conf (/etc/httpd/conf.d/otrs.conf) make the following
changes:

Perlrequire /opt/otrs/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl
*TO*
PerlRequire /opt/otrs/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl

PerlModule Apache::Reload
*TO*
PerlModule Apache2::Reload

PerlInitHandler Apache::Reload
*TO*
PerlInitHandler Apache2::Reload

That should get everything up and running, but post back if you have any
more difficulties.

Thanks,
Mike Pietersen, A+, MCP
All State Fastener Corporation