[otrs] OTRS on Windows 2000 Server

Greg Horne gehorne at jws.com
Thu May 29 09:29:01 GMT 2008

My guess is that this is a IIS Perl issue.

You may wish to verify that the  extentions for .pl are setup correctly for
your version of IIS

The following instructions are for 5.0

1. Click Start, click Programs, click Administrative Tools, and then click
Internet Information Services.
2. Right-click a Web site that you want to enable PERL for, and then click
Properties.
3. Click the Home Directory tab.
4. Click Configuration.
5. Click Add.
6. Type the following for Executable:
full path to perlis.dll\perlis.dll
You can also type the following:
full path to perl.exe\perl.exe %s %s
Note The "%s %s" is case sensitive (for example, "%S %S" does not work).
7. For Extension, type .pl.

Note Make sure that the All Verbs option is selected for full functionality.
Also, make sure that the Script Engine check box is selected.

8. Click OK to return to the ISM.

If this does not work you can create a test.pl file and place it in the same
dir as index.pl and see if you can get a hello world type example working.

Here is a link to a MS KB that will give more details,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245225

Hope it helps.  Still feel you would be better off running under Linux, but
I understand.

Have fun

Greg Horne
GEH