[otrs] can't turn off "secure mode" in Core

Broderick Wood bmw at ualberta.ca
Thu Mar 4 23:09:29 GMT 2010

The option is not obvious.  You turn it OFF by adding the line
    $Self->{SecureMode} = 1;
to your Config.pm

which seems like you would be turning it on not disabling it.

here is the exceropt from the Default.pm file:

    # SecureMode
    # Disables the use of web-installer (installer.pl). Also disables if not
    # active, the GenericAgent, PackageManager and SQL Box, since it's possible
    # to use it for destructive write queries such as DROP DATABASE, and also to
    # steal user passwords.
    $Self->{SecureMode} = 0;

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Gregory Heffron <greg at gregsportfolio.com> wrote:
> I want to reinstall OTRS, but can't seem to turn off the SecureMode in the
> Core. I'm logged in as the root user when trying to make this change.
>
> Any ideas?

Broderick Wood
HelpDesk Co-Ordinator
Technical Services Team