Subject: Re: [otrs] I share my upgrading proc to 2.2.5 from 2.1.x
From: "Nils Breunese \(Lemonbit\)" <[email-masked]>
To: "User questions and discussions about OTRS.org" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 15:22:13 -0500

Carlos wrote:

> 12 Log in as root then go to Sysconfig to setup Framework & Ticket  
> values
>       I suggest go first to Core::Web => FrontEnd::ImagePath to get  
> icon into front end
>
> as ending step: go to take a beer !!!
>
>    Notice: I dont know if copying the ZZZFiles from 2.1.x backup  
> could replace the step 12. I prefer set-up every issue at Sysconfig  
> as I unknown if new issues were added to Sysconfig 2.2.5.

I would export the SysConfig changes on the old installation and  
import the SysConfig changes as the last step. If you just copied the  
new files over the old install, then you don't even need to do that.  
(Also TicketCounter.log and modified themes, etc. will be kept.)

By the way, you shouldn't edit Defaults.pm.

>    Notice: The full procedure take 2 hours.

If you're going to review every single configuration option, then yes,  
an upgrade will take quite some time. Most of our upgrades take less  
than 5 minutes (including downloading the new RPM, upgrading the  
database if necessary and restarting the services).

Nils Breunese.
_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs
Support or consulting for your OTRS system?
=> http://www.otrs.com/