Subject: Re: [otrs] Auto-generated config files
From: "Gabriele D'Andrea" <[email-masked]>
To: "User questions and discussions about OTRS.org" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:02:15 -0600

I repost the explanation from Henning Oschwald for clarity.

OTRS reads its configuration from several locations:

1. Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm stores default configuration settings. This
   is the first file from which configuration settings are beeing read.
2. Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZAAuto.pm and Kernel/Config/files/ZZZAuto.pm
   contain the configuration settings made over Sysconfig and are the
   next place from where configuration settings are
   collected. ZZZAAuto.pm contains _all_ config options available in
   Sysconfig with their default values, whereas ZZZAuto.pm stores your
   modifications made from the Sysconfig. ZZZAuto.pm stores only the
   settings which differ from the default.
3. Finally, Kernel/Config.pm is beeing read.

The important thing to understand is that a configuration setting which
has been modified e.g. from the Sysconfig is overwritten, if the same
setting is also listed in Config.pm. In general, Configuration options
which are set in Config.pm can not be modified from Sysconfig.

Bye
Gabriele

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)" <[email-masked]>
To: "User questions and discussions about OTRS.org" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 11:08 PM
Subject: Re: [otrs] Auto-generated config files

> _______________________________________________
> OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
> Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
> To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs
> Support or consulting for your OTRS system?
> => http://www.otrs.com/
_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs
Support or consulting for your OTRS system?
=> http://www.otrs.com/