Subject: RE: [otrs] LDAP connection issue!
From: "Klaus Bruno" <[email-masked]>
To: "Snehal Desai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:10:43 +0200

Hi Snehal Desai

what was the results? can you post the resonses from the ping /
nslookup?

Try with an ldap-browser tool (e.g. softerra ldap browser 2.6 (freeware)
or ldap admin http://ldapadmin.sourceforge.net/index.html )
to connect and browse your ldap directory to ensure, your settings are
correct.

do you have another database connection sessings configured (e.g. for
agent login)
If you work with more than one connection (that if when you use the
"internal" otrs database and something else like the ldap directory) you
have to enumerate each connection definition.

example:

-root authentication with otrs-db (mysql) [definition with suffix 1]
-agent authentication with active directory (ldap) [definition with
suffix 2]
-customer authentication with external-db (mysql) [definition with
suffix 3]

---snip---

########################################################################
####
#
# Authentification for Agents via internal DB (otrs) [suffix 1]
#

$Self->{'AuthModule1'} = 'Kernel::System::Auth::DB';
$Self->{'AuthModule::DB::CryptType1'} = 'md5';

########################################################################
####
#
# Authentification for Agents via AD / LDAP [suffix 2]
#

$Self->{'AuthModule2'} = 'Kernel::System::Auth::LDAP';
$Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::Host2'} = 'dc01.infotrust.ch';
$Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::BaseDN2'} =
'ou=InfoTrust,dc=infotrust,dc=ch';
$Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::UID2'} = 'sAMAccountName';

#
# check if user is member of specified group
#

$Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::GroupDN2'} = 'cn=TEAM,ou=Security
Groups,ou=InfoTrust,dc=infotrust,dc=ch';
$Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::AccessAttr2'} = 'member';
$Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::UserAttr2'} = 'DN';

#
# define ldap bind user for accessing directory
#

$Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::SearchUserDN2'} = 'otrsldapbind';
$Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::SearchUserPw2'} = 'secretpass';

#
# synch LDAP user to internal DB
#

$Self->{UserSyncLDAPMap2} = {
	UserFirstname => 'givenName',
	UserLastname => 'sn',
	UserEmail => 'mail',
	};

#
# UserTable
#

$Self->{DatabaseUserTable2} = 'system_user';
$Self->{DatabaseUserTableUserID2} = 'id';
$Self->{DatabaseUserTableUserPW2} = 'pw';
$Self->{DatabaseUserTableUser2} = 'login';
$Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::Die2'} = 1;

########################################################################
####
#
# Authentification for Customer via DB (mysql) [suffix 3]
#

$Self->{'Customer::AuthModule3'} = 'Kernel::System::CustomerAuth::DB';
$Self->{'Customer::AuthModule::DB::CryptType3'} = 'md5';
$Self->{'Customer::AuthModule::DB::Table3'} = 'view_otrs_customer_user';
$Self->{'Customer::AuthModule::DB::CustomerKey3'} = 'p_l_userid';
$Self->{'Customer::AuthModule::DB::CustomerPassword3'} = 'p_l_password';
$Self->{'Customer::AuthModule::DB::Type3'} = 'mysql';
$Self->{'Customer::AuthModule::DB::DSN3'} =
'DBI:mysql:database=tim;host=tim-db.infotrust.ch';
$Self->{'Customer::AuthModule::DB::User3'} = 'db_user';
$Self->{'Customer::AuthModule::DB::Password3'} = '{crypt-db_pass}';

$Self->{CustomerUser3} = {
	Name => 'TIM',
	Module => 'Kernel::System::CustomerUser::DB',
	Params =>	{
		DSN =>
'DBI:mysql:database=tim;host=tim-db.infotrust.ch',
		User => 'db_user',
		Password => '{crypt-db_pass}',
		Table => 'view_otrs_customer_user',
		},

	CustomerKey => 'p_l_userid',
	CustomerID => 'company_number',
	CustomerUserListFields => ['p_l_userid', 'person_firstname',
'person_lastname', 'company_number', 'email_address'],
	CustomerUserSearchFields => ['p_l_userid', 'person_firstname',
'person_lastname', 'company_number'],
	CustomerUserSearchPrefix => '',
	CustomerUserSearchSuffix => '*',
	CustomerUserSearchListLimit => 250,
	CustomerUserPostMasterSearchFields => ['email_address'],
	CustomerUserNameFields => ['person_salutation',
'person_firstname', 'person_lastname'],
	CustomerUserEmailUniqCheck => 1,
	ReadOnly => 1,
	Map =>	[
		[ 'UserSalutation', 'Salutation', 'person_salutation',
1, 0, 'var', '', 0 ],
		[ 'UserFirstname',  'Firstname',  'person_firstname',
1, 1, 'var', '', 0 ],
		[ 'UserLastname',   'Lastname',   'person_lastname',
1, 1, 'var', '', 0 ],
		[ 'UserLogin',      'Username',   'p_l_userid',     1,
1, 'var', '', 0 ],
		[ 'UserPassword',   'Password',   'p_l_password',   0,
0, 'var', '', 0 ],
		[ 'UserEmail',      'Email',      'email_address',
0, 1, 'var', '', 0 ],
		[ 'UserCustomerID', 'CustomerID', 'company_number',
0, 1, 'var', '', 0 ],
		[ 'ValidID',         'Valid',     'p_l_active',    0, 1,
'int', '', 0 ],
		],

	Selections =>	{
			},
};

---snip---

hope it helps

regards,
Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Snehal Desai [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 9:33 PM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.org
Cc: Klaus Bruno
Subject: Re: [otrs] LDAP connection issue!

All seem to connect.

----- Original Message ----
From: Klaus Bruno <[email-masked]>
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.org <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, April 7, 2008 12:36:01 AM
Subject: RE: [otrs] LDAP connection issue!

Hello Snehal Desai

"Bad hostname" sounds like your system ist not able to resolve the
hostname.
Try to ping it from this host (from a command window) or try "nslookup
xxxxx.blank.com <http://xxxxx.blank.com/> ".
Also try to connect to the ldap port (e.g. telnet your.ldap.host 389)

regards,
Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Snehal Desai
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 6:43 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [otrs] LDAP connection issue!

Hello,

I have already looked through the forum and have tried everything, but
still can't connect. I have exhausted all other opportunities as well
like google. I already posted before but go no replies! Any ideas what
I'm doing wrong?

Software error:

Can't connect to xxxxx.blank.com <http://xxxxx.blank.com/> : 
IO::Socket::INET: Bad hostname 'xxxxx.blank.com
<http://xxxxx.blank.com/> ' at
C:/OTRS/otrs//Kernel/System/CustomerAuth/LDAP.pm line 149.

#Enable LDAP authentication for Customers / Users
  $Self->{'Customer::AuthModule'} =
'Kernel::System::CustomerAuth::LDAP';
  $Self->{'Customer::AuthModule::LDAP::Host'} = 'xxxxx.blank.com
<http://xxxxx.blank.com/> ';
  $Self->{'Customer::AuthModule::LDAP::BaseDN'} = 'dc=blank,dc=com';
  $Self->{'Customer::AuthModule::LDAP::UID'} = 'sAMAccountName';

  #The following is valid but would only be necessary if the
  #anonymous user do NOT have permission to read from the LDAP tree
  $Self->{'Customer::AuthModule::LDAP::SearchUserDN'} =
'cn=LDAP,cn=Users,dc=blank,dc=com';
  $Self->{'Customer::AuthModule::LDAP::SearchUserPw'} = 'Help_Password';

#CustomerUser
#(customer user database backend and settings)
    $Self->{CustomerUser} = {
      Module => 'Kernel::System::CustomerUser::LDAP',
      Params => {
      Host => 'xxxxx.blank.com <http://xxxxx.blank.com/> ',
      BaseDN => 'dc=blank,dc=com',
      SSCOPE => 'sub',
      UserDN =>'cn=LDAP,cn=Users,dc=blank,dc=com',
      UserPw => 'Help_Password',
    },
# customer unique id
    CustomerKey => 'sAMAccountName',
    # customer #
    CustomerID => 'mail',
    CustomerUserListFields => ['sAMAccountName', 'cn', 'mail'],
    CustomerUserSearchFields => ['sAMAccountName', 'cn', 'mail'],
    CustomerUserSearchPrefix => '',
    CustomerUserSearchSuffix => '*',
    CustomerUserSearchListLimit => 250,
    CustomerUserPostMasterSearchFields => ['mail'],
    CustomerUserNameFields => ['givenname', 'sn'],
    Map => [
      # note: Login, Email and CustomerID needed!
      # var, frontend, storage, shown, required, storage-type
      #[ 'UserSalutation', 'Title', 'title', 1, 0, 'var' ],
      [ 'UserFirstname', 'Firstname', 'givenname', 1, 1, 'var' ],
      [ 'UserLastname', 'Lastname', 'sn', 1, 1, 'var' ],
      [ 'UserLogin', 'Login', 'sAMAccountName', 1, 1, 'var' ],
      [ 'UserEmail', 'Email', 'mail', 1, 1, 'var' ],
      [ 'UserCustomerID', 'CustomerID', 'mail', 0, 1, 'var' ],
      [ 'UserPhone', 'Phone', 'telephonenumber', 1, 0, 'var' ],
      #[ 'UserAddress', 'Address', 'postaladdress', 1, 0, 'var' ],
      #[ 'UserComment', 'Comment', 'description', 1, 0, 'var' ],
    ],
  };

_______________________________________________
OTRS mailing list: otrs - Webpage: http://otrs.org/
Archive: http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs
To unsubscribe: http://lists.otrs.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/otrs
Support or consulting for your OTRS system?
=> http://www.otrs.com/