[dev] translation tables

Martin Edenhofer me at otrs.de
Wed Jan 7 10:27:30 CET 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 03:09:26AM -0500, lists at neenerville.com wrote:
> [...]
> With regards to the language system, the simplest way of providing
> translations of the software would be to create language files containing
> the appropriate phrases for each language. This would make installation of
> languages and future translations simple and is pretty standard practice for
> other installations. There's no reason to put unnecessary overhead on the
> SQL backend to display translations, and as the number of languages
> increases, so will the base size of an OTRS install.

I agree with Paul (it's faster for the application (because you don't need
to do db queries) and it's easier to change/update/add just one or two translations).

However, thanks for the idea! :-)

> Best wishes,
> Paul

  Martin Edenhofer

--
((otrs.de)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Str. 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
        http://www.otrs.de/ :: Manage your communication!