[itsm] Slow Response on OTRS

Morten Bøhmer morten at adcopartner.no
Thu Oct 11 10:28:25 GMT 2007

We are using OTRS to also receive emails from other systems, like hardware, backup software and other software which sends email daily. In the beginning we had abt 10-20.000 open tickets (we can get up to a few hundreds each day). OTRS generally seems to work fine, but any work with queues and tickets get extremely slow when having this many open tickets. Even of the tickets are in an entirely different queue. Many open tickets anywhere, will slow the whole ticket system down. Admin and other parts/add-ons works just fine and does not seem to be affected by the "open ticket issue". Making an agent which close tickets down automatically after a few days, helped a lot.

Of course I spent a lot of time tuning everything before this, modperl, mysql and so on.

Morten